Thursday, May 29, 2008

New piece


"Volim Te"
2x8 ft x 1 1/2 in
oils, spray paint, marker

This is a bit different from what I have been doing again, much like my inclusion of collage in the last few
I've started using marker and spray paint in this one. Not only am I drawing with the marker as you can tell, but I am also writing a lot more within the work/painting. Some of the drawings and writing in the piece (with the marker mainly) are references to pop culture or content I am encountering that day. Also some of the writing is starting to become Croatian, referencing my own cultural background, which may later include Slovenian as well or Scottish grammar (haven't decided yet).

I did another piece in this vein which was really the start of it on paper (with collage too though), but I gave it to a friend I made it for, Emilie. She's going to take a photo of it for me in due time.



(top left is one of two drawings I have yet to photograph from back around January-February)

No comments: